Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heaven in a Parking Garage

You can find Sarah's happy place is in a Parking Garage. I dream of this place... of its big pepperoni slices, pieces of cheesecake, cinnamon roles, and even coffee frappiccinos! The NY Kitchen is is tucked away the corner of a parking garage, but you hardly notice. It took quite a bit of wandering to find. Our Aussie friends that we met white-water rafting down the Nile, had been in Kampala for a month and were equally thrilled to find this place because after only one month, you are ready for a little diversity. I actually like African food. But, the problem is that you simply get tired of eating the SAME THING every day. We, as Americans, are use to variety. Having Thai food, Mexican food, Italian food and Fast food all in the same week, has always been common for me. I go to this restaurant so often, they call me their "best customer." I know the names of all the wait staff and even the owners. If I haven't been there in awhile, they say "You've been lost!" which is the Uganda way of saying, "Why I haven't seen you in awhile!?"

2 comments:

teresa said...

Remember the Mexican restaurant in Nice? It made Taco Bell seem authentic :)

Be glad you don't have THAT kind of Mexican resturant there :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,

You are so right about variety and having the ability to have something different, however, I find myself cooking the same things eat week spaghetti and grilled cheese. Similiar to our experience in Spain and at GMU you find a few things you like and eat them everyday. Besides that how are you, I hope well. My Amira my oldest daughter in the evenings when I ask her how she is her reponse is "blessed." He said there would be amazing things that come from the mouth of babes. I am well, we are the process of looking for a house and it is so draining. I am tired and eager, yet willing to hold on to my vision of a home. Do you sometimes feel that way? Oh by the way I need your address for a clearance, can you send it my gmail wenona.walkeredwards@gmail. Thanks I will chat later.

Love,

Nona