Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Generosity of Christians

Nevertheless, I would not be able to be here, if it weren’t for the extraordinary generosity of people in the United States, who despite their inability to walk away from their responsibilities, still participate at a sacrificial level with their financial support.

Once again, amidst my travels around the world I realize how rare and awesome the generosity of Americans really is around the world. At the core of every American is the mentality that tomorrow can be better than today. This vision, allows us to invest in the futures of not just “our” next generation, but the next generation of the “world.” It is this same ideology that we share despite religion, age or ethnicity. It is this vision that motivates us to invest in people. As soon as we as Americans begin to loose this perspective, we will loose a large part of what makes America great.

In this blog, I group all Americans together, in one homogeneous observation. And, we know that generalizations are just that; generalizations. And, maybe, your personal experience tells you something different about the generosity of Americans, but facts prove my observations to be true. America is the only country whose charitable contributions equal 1% of its GDP (Gross Domestic Product).

But, I do want to note that the largest part of my personal experiences and personal observations of “generosity” in Americans; are primarily of Christians. Thank you to all those generous people that have supported and continuing to support sacrificially so many great humanitarian causes, including the one I’m working on now. I really hope that people, even those that don’t share the Christian faith will also see Christians as generous people, and I hope that I will always be known as a “Generous Christian.”

No comments: