Monday, October 22, 2007

My Friend - Mr. Gecko

My first night here I woke up with a large spider bite on my foot. Anyone who knows my extreme fear of spiders might find that an ironic welcoming gift. However, after the second night in my room, I was startled by a new resident, Mr. Gecko. Turns out geckos eat mosquitoes and other insects, so since his presence, I have not been personally eaten in my room. So other than the random “droppings” I must sweep out of my room daily, I am happy to share my room with this guest! As you can see in the picture, he is in pursuit of one of my nemesis spiders!

After asking many of you in the States for suggestions for Mr. Gecko’s first name, I received many suggestions including....
  • Gary the Gecko
  • Chad or "Abstinence" - both courtesy of Chad Van Horn
  • Lizzy - though I don't think suggesting your spouse's name wins you very many marriage points, Brian
  • Gabriel - since he's my guardian angel (against spider bites)
  • Then there were several votes for the name Geico (TV Ads sure do influence us way to much!)
Despite how great, many of these ideas are, I have come to think of him as just Mr. Gecko. :)

1 comment:

Joi said...

what a cute friend:) I'm excited about your blog!