Saturday, May 10, 2008

Return Delayed to Africa

So as always God has His own plans. And I’m learning to just go along for the ride! I had planned to be in Uganda for a total of nine months (October – June), But, Unfortunately, I am unable to return to Uganda for May/June as previously planned. This is extremely disappointing to me, but it is in the best interest of my health.

However, I am excited to share that with much prayer and discussion with the Elders at City Bible Church and the Pastors at the church in Uganda, I have decided to return to Uganda again for another six months next year (2009), departing February 17th and returning in August 2009!

My time there will probably take on another purpose than my first six months. Beginning next year, Hope Village will be under major building projects and will need several Operation Policies and Procedures in place in order to function well and be a good steward of the investment made there be so many people.

Not being in Africa does not mean that I am not staying busy with Hope Village projects. In fact, it has particularly beneficial to have my first hand experience to add to our videos and print materials currently being designed for other fundraising projects. Furthermore, I am busy working with CBC and a few lawyers on establishing a Governing Constitution for Hope Village. In other words, who will be on the board, who will handle the money, and how policies and procedures will be established. Not too exciting, but important for a strong organization.

Finally, God has also provided me with work already here in the US! So, ultimately, in all of these things, you can see that God’s timing is always perfect.

No comments: