Monday, March 24, 2008

Standing on the Equator

Living in Kampala, Uganda, I find myself only one hours drive away from the Equator. Not having a car here, it wasn’t terribly convenient to get to for me. However, it just doesn’t sound that cool to say, “I’ve been an hour away from the Equator.” So we took a drive to the Equator. There isn’t too much to see there, other than the line drawn across the street, that shows which is the North side and which is the South Side of the world along with several African Craft Vendors that have set up shop for the tourists that pass through. So here is my picture, proving, I have visited the Equator. I have had a foot in each hemisphere simultaneously. See how much cooler that sounds, than saying I was an hour away. In fact, in all actuality, I have STRADDLED the Equator..….. Need I go on? Now, I can also say, I have been to the middle of world…..Well, I guess you get my point.

No comments: